Provide courteous assistance to patients and physician offices while scheduling and registering patients for procedures.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to work in fast-paced, high productivity environment.
2. Ability to exercise judgement and make decisions.
3. Excellent communication skills to communicate with patients.
4. Ability to perform while under stress.
5. Ability to document accurately and concisely.
6. Careful attention to detail.
7. Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
8. Ability to answer multi-phone line.
1. Answers incoming calls.
2. Schedule appointments for patients for pain management procedures.
3. Patient registration which includes verifying benefits and obtaining references and authorizations as needed.
4. Be conscientious of patient concerns and answers questions politely and effectively.
5. Follow policies and procedures for doing each task assigned.
1. Front desk/patient check in experience mandatory
2. Radiology experience a plus
3. Basic EMR experience preferred
4. Strong ability to multitask
5. Professional presentation and ability to interact well with others is mandatory
1. Provides CT and MRI services in a timely, patient-centered, and cost effective manner
2. Document services provided
3. Adheres to established facility/departmental safety requirements and procedures to ensure a safe working environment
4. Promotes effective working relationships to meet the mission/goals and objectives of Optimal Imaging and the clinic.
5. Seeks consultation/collaboration for complex issues or when unsure.
1. State Licensure as required
2. American Registry of Radiology Technologists (ARRT) certification as recommended by ACR and FDA
3. BLS Required
4. 3 years of CT and MRI experience preferred
Performs mammographic procedures to produce imaging using mammography technology to assist physicians with formulating a medical diagnosis, while complying with safety and regulatory requirements. Specifically conducts mammography exams and documents clinically appropriate results for interpretive physician and records.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to work independently
2. Ability to exercise judgement and make decisions
3. Excellent communication skills to communicate with patients, physicians, clients, coworkers, and management staff
4. Ability to perform in a high productivity, fast-paced environment
5. Ability to document accurately and concisely
6. Excellent phone and computer skills
7. Ability to maintain sensitive information in confidence
8. HIPAA and OSHA knowledge
1. Provides mammography services in a timely and cost effective manner.
2. Ensures operational excellence and quality of care in the Facility.
3. Demonstrates use of proper positioning to produce quality imaging.
4. Maintains quality of imaging services in an efficient and effective manner.
5. Demonstrates knowledge of all equipment (GE) to provide a safe environment for patients and staff.
a. Utilizes information and skills necessary to perform assigned maintenance responsibilities.
b. Demonstrates startup procedures, calibration of equipment, and troubleshooting.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of mammography safety to provide a safe environment for patients and staff.
a. Utilizes knowledge of mammography safety.
b. Performs proper mammography safety to include providing protection and inquiring if females of childbearing age are pregnant.
c. Semi annual inspection of mammography equipment.
d. Conducts exams in a safe and efficient manner.
7. Demonstrates continued competence in caring for individuals based upon age-specific needs utilizing developmental perspective.
a. Demonstrates an understanding of each age groups cognitive, physical, motor/sensory adaptation, and radiology specific intervention.
b. Appropriately modifies approach to patients based upon patient age utilizing a developmental perspective.
c. Provides appropriate interventions related to safety issues.
d. Asses for FDA approval for age groups and specific dosing of contrast media.
e. Considers cognitive states in patient education.
8. Demonstrates knowledge and documented competence of mammography exams.
9. Documents services provided in a thorough and effective manner.
a. Collects appropriate clinical history and correlates findings with procedure being performed.
b. Maintains daily patient logbook.
c. Initials and checks orders.
d. Maintains all documentation in accordance with diagnostic division policy and procedure manual.
e. Maintains all QA/QC, as required by the FDA, state, ACR and MQSA.
10. Utilizes time effectively.
11. Adheres to established facility/departmental safety requirements and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
a. Demonstrates competent usage of proper body mechanics in all activities.
b. Identifies potentially unsafe situations and notifies administrator/designee.
c. Completes all employee/patient incident documentation in a thorough and timely manner, as required by facility policy.
d. Demonstrates complete understanding of established emergency procedures for department and facility.
e. Practices infection control and standard precautions as instructed or trained.
12. Performs all other duties as assigned by administrator/designee.
13. Promotes effective working relationships to meet the mission/goals and objectives of Optimal Imaging and the clinic.
14. Seeks consultation/collaboration for complex issues or when unsure.
1. Successful completion of a radiology program at an accredited school.
2. Current registration with the American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT) in x-ray and mammography.
3. State licensure where required.
4. BCLS required.
5. One to three years of mammography experience preferred.
1. Mammography Equipment
3. Phone Skills
4. Copier/Scanner/Fax machine
5. iPhone or other phone with web access
Must possess visual and auditory abilities to communicate with patients. Requires gross and fine motor skills to stand, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, and reach. Requires working with patients with physical and/or mental disorders. Manual dexterity needed.
DEGREE OF SUPERVISION:
Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.